Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Home made bread recipes best to go with a home made veg soup ?

dose any one know of any good bread recipes to go with a home made carrot and potato and Swede soup?Home made bread recipes best to go with a home made veg soup ?
Try a malted whole grain flour or one with seeds in it. Adding a spoonful of oil to the dough will make it lighter and spoonful of chopped herbs for flavour, eg olive oil and rosemary.





I make my bread by hand so can't help with an actual recipe.Home made bread recipes best to go with a home made veg soup ?
Ohhhh Yum, love it. Personally speaking with that I would use a good crusty bread slice it in about 3/4'; slices drizzle a little olive oil on the bread and toast it both sides under the broiler/grill to golden, then rub a clove of garlic.





From my experience and what I have been told, bread machines do not turn out bread like a bakery. I am sorry, but I would die for a salad bowl full of the soup, I would supply the bread lolol.
Do you have a bread machine?


I have got a lovely recipe for Sunflower Bread which I make in my machine.


Recipe I use





4 tbsp. Sunflower Seeds, I put them in the top Seed Dispenser.





2 cups. Brown bread flour


2 tbsp. Sugar or Honey


1 tbsp. dry milk powder


1 tsp. salt


1 tbsp. olive oil


250 mls. luke warm water


1 1/2 tsp. instant yeast


Flour to bottom of Pan, then add the rest


Put on Brown Bread setting. It will take 4 hours in the bread machine. Comes out lovely
You can find some great bread recipes for use with a bread machine http://www.squidoo.com/breadrecipes such as sunflower bread, whole wheat bread, sourdough bread, pumpkin bread, and banana bread.
1tsp yeast


1tsp salt


1tsp sugar


15g butter


400 grams of flour - I mix wholemeal, white and also malted


4tsp poppy seeds


1tsp mixed herbs - optional


280mls water





That is a recipe I use often.
All whole meal breads are good. Just do not go for shop bought white sliced - that is pappy and has no nutritional value.

No comments:

Post a Comment